CHP promotes Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) processes to improve patient care, clinical management, and to uphold regulatory compliance.
The CQI program monitors and provides tools for improving care. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Documentation of medical and mental health services.
- Intoxication and withdrawal treatment processes and documentation.
- Chronic care clinic.
- Administrative processes such as:
- Checking and using emergency kits.
- Medication storage and administration practices.
- Counts on medications, sharps, tools, etc.
- Adverse event reviews.
The goal of CQI is to ensure CHP staff deliver healthcare services that are safe, appropriate, and defensible.